Tuesday, March 28, 2023

A Friend in Need...


After eight long months of having a bed downstairs for David, we have returned our home to its pre-cancer state! Some may remember that with David's hospitalization last July when I called 911 due to his lack of responsiveness, the therapist at the hospital refused to write an order for a hospital bed, saying "in her opinion," he didn't need one! Ugh! I was NOT happy! Embarrassingly, he had been alternating sleeping primarily on our family room couch and in his recliner for probably six weeks prior to that because he didn't have the energy to climb the stairs at night to our room. Because we KNEW he needed to have a bed downstairs, I called a dear friend to ask if we could borrow a twin bed I knew she had in a guest room. Without hesitation, she said, "Yes!" so Taylor and Jeff went to her home to disassemble it, bring it to our home, and reassemble it for their dad. What a necessity and a blessing it turned out to be!

Today, we took the bed back to her, and as I was thanking her for her generosity and immediate response to our need, she said, "I'd give you everything in my house if I thought it would help!" At that, I said, "I know you would; that's the kind of friend you are." 

How many of us are lucky enough to have friends like that? I honestly hope that each of you can think of at least one person who would say the same to you. If not, I hope you ARE that friend! I certainly hope I am as well! 

And the quote? It 100% is about someone I've known since I was in 7th grade (you know who you are)! How blessed I am, however, to have SO many friends who have stepped up and stepped in to cover us through each of our journeys! God PROVIDES, y'all! He doesn't leave us or forsake us in our times of need. 

No comments: